Planning Your Day
Video courtesy of Franchise Council of Australia and WTFN Productions
Before the Expo
Leading up to the Franchising & Business Opportunities Expo, it's a good idea to think about yourself and your goals.
- What are your strengths and capabilities, and how might they help you succeed?
- What type of business' appeal to you? Franchises are available in almost every sector of business, from food, retail, service and business to business.
- And importantly, think about your finances and how much you will be willing to invest in a franchise. Think about your assets, liabilities, whether you are thinking about a business as a primary or secondary source of income, and what other sources of finances or security might be available.
To learn more about top franchises in your price range, download this article from the Business Franchise Australia and New Zealand magazine.
Setting your objectives for the day
Ensure you make the most of your time at the Franchise Expo in 2 simple steps:
- Find the business and franchises you want to see on the exhibitors list and mark their stand numbers on the floor plan.
- Check out the Expo activities and plan your visit around the show seminar sessions.
Our top tips for the day
Here's our suggestion on how to get the most from the Expo. A visit that involves these steps should take 3-4 hours.
- Start off by visiting the Franchise Council of Australia stand for general information about franchising.
- Attend the daily 'Franchising - Is It For You?' seminar and then join in an open panel discussion with franchisees.
- Talk with a broad range of exhibitors and gain insights into the range of franchise and business opportunities.
- Hear from successful franchisees and franchisors at the Franchise Success Seminars.
- Visit the Franchising Magazine stand for more background on franchising.